I was searching for KHATA transfer for one of the properties online for BBMP and was really happy to find that there is an ONLINE process to apply for KHATA transfer, but wait, is it really online ??
Here is my experience
I went to BBMP website - https://site.bbmp.gov.in/citizenservice.html , and from there was redirected to "Sakala Online Services" registration page, the registration process was pretty straight forward. Once you are logged in there is an option for online khata transfer
Well, before you start you will need the SCAN of below documents that needs to be uploaded to Khata Transfer ( they differ from case to case, for me the property is through SALE deed, so I needed the below documents)
- Sale Deed
- Tax Receipt for present year
I had the Sale Deed and Tax Receipt, but current EC is something that I didn't have !. Searched again and found that you can apply for EC Online, below is the link for the same.
The registration process was again simple enough and you are allowed 10 searches in a day. Once you are happy with search results, you have to make ONLINE payment of Rs 110 and then wait for 2-3 days to download the Digitally Signed EC ( please note use FIREFOX BROWSER). The whole process was seamless, with your ADHAAR as your signed identity and I did get by Digital EC in 3 days !.. very happy with the EC process, no bribes.
After getting the EC, I scanned everything and uploaded to the Sakala website and applied for online KHATA, I got an GSC No for my request as well.
The website mentions the following steps
- Documents Verification - This happened within a Day of my uploading the documents, this was done by the ARO and the status was available through website, not through SMS though
- Physical Inspections - This step is the tricky part, this is where your nearest BBMP office person will contact you and ask for bribe !.. I did get a call within 3-4 days and the person came to check my house said that if I need to fast track my application I need to pay money. I said I am not in any hurry, BBMP can take their time, I don't have any money to pay. I didn't see any update on my application for next 1 week and then again I got a call asking me to come to BBMP office to submit additional documents, when I went to BBMP office, they again asked for money.... ..
- Preliminary report generation - After a few days the local BBMP guys submitted the report
- Khata Transfer Approval - The next day, I got the approval status online
- Payment of Fees ( 2% of Stamp Duty) - You have to got to the nearest Bengaluru ONE office, provide them with the GSC No ( Application Number), they will tell you how much to pay, keep the receipt. As soon as you pay, you can see the online status update to "Payment Done"
- Khata Transfer and Extract Issue - Alright, all done, within 3 weeks, I was happy that I can download the e-khata certificate and e-khata, but there is more .....
The e-khata that BBMP uploaded was BLANK ?? I was completely shocked, I again got call from BBMP guys asking me to come to their office, again pay money if I want Khata !!!!
I emailed complained to firstname.lastname@example.org, and they were pretty responsive, but didn't help much, they said it's an error from BBMP side and they cannot correct it, I have to visit the BBMP office for Khata.
Attached is the Khata Certificate that was uploaded on sakala website.
Well, online application is very good initiative from BBMP, but these process gaps needs to be closed, like I can pay the fees online, not sure why I have to go to Bengaluru One office to pay and also BBMP visits should be removed from the process altogether.
This is definitely better than before, but still can be improved.
Post a Comment